Age before Ages
Birth of the Great Old Ones
- A race of creatures known now only as the Vault Builders rule Golarion.
- In their quest to ascend into godhood, the Vault Builders construct massive vaults in the lowest levels of the Darklands.
- In the vaults, the Vault Builders construct gateways to the Outer Sphere in order to harvest souls. They create slave races to control the planes.
- Feeding on the souls provided by their connection to the Outer Sphere, the Vault Builders create more slave races to follow their will on Golarion.
- The aboleth (tyrants), forged from the souls of Hell, are their leaders.
- The neothelid (worm), forged from the souls of the Abyss, are their soldiers.
- The shoggoth, forged from the souls of the Boneyard, are their servants.
- The void, or undeath, is the inevitable result of the Vault Builders connection to the Negative Energy Plane.
- The first true Great Old One, Rovagug, is born in the depths of Golarion. It quickly merges itself with the entire planet.
- Other Great Old Ones are born in the vaults of the Darklands. The Vault Builders as a race begin to ascend into godhood.
- The aboleth and neothelid create their own slave races: serpentfolk, giantkind, humans, elves, dwarves and others.
- The aboleth, neothelid, and shoggoth begin to create eight more Great Old Ones, one in each vault.
The Rise of the Azlanti
- Humans revolt against their serpentfolk masters.
- Humans war with the serpentfolk and giantkind over a couple centuries. The Azlanti empire is forged out of battle.
- Azlanti eventually defeat the serpentfolk. The final battle occurs in Ilmurea, where the snake-god Ydersius is defeated and the door to a vault, Doga-Delloth, is opened.
- In Doga-Delloth, the Azlanti discover the truth of the Vault Builders, the Great Old Ones and their slave races.
- Attempting to control the source of the Great Old Ones power, the Azlanti launch invasions through the gateways in the vaults into the planes of the Outer Sphere.
- While the Azlanti successfully weaken the Great Old Ones with their assault on the Outer Sphere, they are unable to acheive victory and their invasion forces begin to succumb to the negative energy of the Great Old Ones.
- Azlanti devise a plan to bind Rovagug, using the eight Great Old Ones growing in the vaults.
- Aroden and his Eight Virtues, champions of the serpentfolk war, are chosen to bind themselves to Rovagug and the nascent Great Old Ones, becoming the Harbingers - human souls forever entwined with those of the Great Old Ones.
- Ten of the most powerful Azlanti leaders each place the majority of their power in a Star Tower.
- During the ritual Nethys attempts to dominate the Harbinger of Truth.
- Rovagug is successfully bound.
Age of Darkness
- -5293, The hold on the nascent Great Old One by the Harbinger of Truth, weakened by Nethys' assault during the binding of Rovagug, is eventually broken by the aboleth and neothelid. The Great Old One begins to ascend.
Age of Anguish
- -4294, The Age of Darkness draws to a close. Humanity begins rebuilding civilization.
Age of Destiny
- -3470, Ancient Osirion is founded.
Age of Enthronement
- 1, Aroden, the Last Azlanti, raises the Starstone from the depths of the Inner Sea. Absalom is founded.
- 23, Nex unsuccessfully sieges Absalom, creating the infamous Spire of Nex.
- 1893, Norgorber, the Harbinger of Darkness, pass the Test of the Starstone, following Aroden's path to divinity.
- 2765, In Absalom, Cayden Cailean, the Harbinger of Destruction, drunkenly survives the Test of the Starstone.
- 3832, Iomedae, the Harbinger of Fate and heroine of the Shinning Crusade, successfully attempts the Test of the Starstone and becomes Aroden's Herald.
- 4307, Pathfinder Society founded by the Harbingers in Absalom.
- 4576, Hellknights founded.
Age of Lost Omens
- 4606, Aroden reborn as the child Chelam dies, leaving the Empire of Cheliax without a divine mandate. Cheliax falls into civil war. The Eye of Abendego forms off of Garund's northwestern coast, drowing the nations of Lirgen and Yamasa. The Worldwound opens in the north, consuming the barbarian kingdom of Sarkoris. Storms wrack the Inner Sea region for several weeks.
- 4641, Year the campaign began.
- 4642, Current year.